Details of the position
SHARE INDIA is a not-for-profit society that has been registered under the Andhra Pradesh Public Societies Registration act in 1986. SHARE is currently implementing a project aimed at providing Technical Assistance (TA) to implement Quality Management Systems (QMS) in India’s National AIDS Control Program (NACP) Laboratories and strengthening its laboratory testing network for HIV and related diseases under President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). This project is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This project invites highly motivated professional for the following positions to be placed at various locations in India.
|Project Officer (PO)
|All Interested Candidates
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Officer will be reporting to the Senior Manager, LaQSH Plus. We are looking for a person with excellent skills in data management, analysis, report writing and strategic communication
THE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
S/he will work in close coordination of the State AIDS Control Society (SACS) and National AIDS Control Program (NACP) labs (State reference labs (HIV Serology), CD4 Labs, Molecular and STI labs) in the state. The job responsibilities of the position are:
- S/he will provide technical assistance and support to the SACS officials, lab in-charges and staff from HIV labs in the state for implementing state and NACO guidelines/directives.
- Coordinate with CDC-PEPFAR partners and other stakeholders to help in achieving the VL testing goals
- Ensure that the HIV labs are functioning in compliance with the NACO guideline / directives.
- Conduct regular on-site field visits to provide technical assistance, Inter-district camps (viral load), mentoring, and supportive supervision in coordination with SACS (Approx. 25% travel).
- Document and report field activities, outputs, and outcomes to ensure that the project timelines are met
- Develop training resource materials, plan and execute the training programs in coordination with team
- Identify opportunities in the area of HIV laboratory strengthening and develop innovative strategies to increase access to HIV-1 VL testing services
- Support the NACP labs for ISO 15189 accreditation and NABL M(EL)T Certification
- Responsible for documenting good practices, success stories and provide periodical reports to the higher authorities as requested
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time
- Collaborative working with other team members in NE and other regions for project initiatives.
- Supervision, training and mentoring of the Lab technicians appointed by SHARE INDIA
- Ph.D (Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Medical microbiology) with two years’ experience OR M.B.B.S OR post graduate (Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology /Medical Microbiology/Clinical Lab Technology) with five years of experience in clinical microbiology laboratory
- Desirable: Experience of working in projects of NACP
The position requires travel within the country. The position is open for self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and creative individuals keen to work in public health settings. Applicants should have the ability to work in teams and for long hours.
Remuneration will be at par with market standards, based on experience, last drawn pay and qualifications. Interested candidates may forward their updated resume to the email address given below. No telephone inquiry would be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the name of the position you are applying in email subject matter to :email@example.com
|Internship followed by full time Job.
|15,000.00 - 20,000.00 per month
|WILLING TO COMMUTE/RELOCATE:
|in Medchal, Telangana: Willing to commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
|WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL
SHARE INDIA located at MediCiti Institute of medical sciences, Ganpur village, Medchal Mandal and District, Hyderabad, Telangana is looking for an Assistant Engineer Intern to work on a Research Project to develop 3D printed below knee prosthesis. The internship will be for six months and end in a full-time job or a certificate. The selected candidate should have good mechanical engineering background, good communication skills, and excellent workshop and computer skills.
- 3D printing/rapid prototyping.
- 3D-modeling or 3D scanning using special software and hardware
- Interactions with patients, doctors and engineers working on the project.
- Working on CNC design, laser cutting, injection moulding
- Working diligently and reliably with the technical training team
- Provide support in projects that require familiarity with ANSYS, Autodesk CAD CREO, Key Shot MS-Office, PTC, Creo SolidWorks
- Assist in procuring workshop tools, equipment, and materials.
|Name of the position
|Public Health Specialist
|Number of positions
|Location of the position
|New Delhi with travel to different states and districts as per requirement
|One year as per the U.S. government’s financial year (Renewable based on performance and project requirements)
|Society for Health Allied Research and Education, Hyderabad (SHARE INDIA)
About the Organization
SHARE INDIA was formed and registered in 1986 as a research society and recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO), by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, with the objective to provide comprehensive, effective, affordable health care to people and build capacity for innovation/research to address health care challenges of today and the future. Supported by donor funds, technical assistance projects to the Government of India, and a variety of community-based research projects like REACH, LIFE, MILES, TETRA, HELP, CSSI, and more are in effect. SHARE INDIA works with a vision to Strive to create a healthy population through innovation and increasing, imparting, and applying knowledge. One important project is strengthening public health systems for detection, prevention, and response to emerging infectious diseases and identified non-communicable diseases, which is supported by U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
About the project
SHARE INDIA, in collaboration with CDC, is supporting MoHFW in strengthening the laboratory-based surveillance and outbreak response capabilities across the country. This involves extensive work for improving public health institutions' epidemiologic and laboratory diagnostic capacities for priority diseases, including zoonotic diseases of public health importance, by training, mentorship, and monitoring in identified states.
About the position:
SHARE INDIA is looking to hire consultants on a contract basis to assist the GoI with various activities under the project. The consultant will work closely with state and federal governments across India to improve the overall capacity and performance of the healthcare system, with special reference to laboratory-based surveillance and outbreak response to emerging infectious diseases, under the supervision and overall guidance of the Lead Public Health Consultant and CDC Officials. The consultant will also provide technical assistance to strengthen other PM-ABHIM initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Systematic collection, documentation, and presentation of information available from various resources pertaining to national and international initiatives regarding detecting, preventing, and controlling emerging infectious and identified non-communicable diseases.
- Create training materials for laboratory-based disease surveillance, outbreak investigations, and public health research.
- Assist states in developing state and district health plans by building capacity at the district and state levels.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with key stakeholders in the public health system to strengthen laboratory-based surveillance networks.
- Provide technical assistance in areas related to health system strengthening, such as public health planning, comprehensive primary care, laboratory-based surveillance for emerging infectious diseases, and so on.
- Assist in the organization of national, regional, and state level workshops, trainings, and consultations for on-specific technical areas as needed.
- Maintain a database of all relevant documents/communications related to the assigned work area.
- Travel to states/districts is required to fulfill roles and responsibilities.
- Any other duties assigned by CDC officials/lead public health consultant.
- Graduate degree in MBBS/BDS/PhD
- PG qualification in hospital/ health administration/ public health/ Clinical Microbiology
- Essential Experience
- Computer proficiency with high levels of familiarity in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web surfing to search relevant data and documents
- Desirable Work Experience
- At least 1 year experience post PG qualification
- Demonstrated experience of working in public health state or national level.
- Experience in core public health domains public health system strengthening or health care management.
- Organizing workshops at the national, regional, and state level for health infrastructure.
- Expertise in reviewing, editing, and proofreading scientific manuscripts, research articles/proposals, and other scientific documents.
- Ability to produce high-quality written work, with great attention to detail, within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to states and districts to provide technical assistance, as well as the ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently in order to meet assignment deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English. A working knowledge of Hindi is also desirable.