Details of the position
|Name of the position||Public Health Specialist|
|Number of positions||3|
|Location of the position||New Delhi with travel to different states and districts as per requirement|
|Duration||One year as per the U.S. government’s financial year (Renewable based on performance and project requirements)|
|Organization||Society for Health Allied Research and Education, Hyderabad (SHARE INDIA)|
About the Organization
SHARE INDIA was formed and registered in 1986 as a research society and recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO), by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, with the objective to provide comprehensive, effective, affordable health care to people and build capacity for innovation/research to address health care challenges of today and the future. Supported by donor funds, technical assistance projects to the Government of India, and a variety of community-based research projects like REACH, LIFE, MILES, TETRA, HELP, CSSI, and more are in effect. SHARE INDIA works with a vision to Strive to create a healthy population through innovation and increasing, imparting, and applying knowledge. One important project is strengthening public health systems for detection, prevention, and response to emerging infectious diseases and identified non-communicable diseases, which is supported by U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
About the project
SHARE INDIA, in collaboration with CDC, is supporting MoHFW in strengthening the laboratory-based surveillance and outbreak response capabilities across the country. This involves extensive work for improving public health institutions' epidemiologic and laboratory diagnostic capacities for priority diseases, including zoonotic diseases of public health importance, by training, mentorship, and monitoring in identified states.
About the position:
SHARE INDIA is looking to hire consultants on a contract basis to assist the GoI with various activities under the project. The consultant will work closely with state and federal governments across India to improve the overall capacity and performance of the healthcare system, with special reference to laboratory-based surveillance and outbreak response to emerging infectious diseases, under the supervision and overall guidance of the Lead Public Health Consultant and CDC Officials. The consultant will also provide technical assistance to strengthen other PM-ABHIM initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Systematic collection, documentation, and presentation of information available from various resources pertaining to national and international initiatives regarding detecting, preventing, and controlling emerging infectious and identified non-communicable diseases.
- Create training materials for laboratory-based disease surveillance, outbreak investigations, and public health research.
- Assist states in developing state and district health plans by building capacity at the district and state levels.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with key stakeholders in the public health system to strengthen laboratory-based surveillance networks.
- Provide technical assistance in areas related to health system strengthening, such as public health planning, comprehensive primary care, laboratory-based surveillance for emerging infectious diseases, and so on.
- Assist in the organization of national, regional, and state level workshops, trainings, and consultations for on-specific technical areas as needed.
- Maintain a database of all relevant documents/communications related to the assigned work area.
- Travel to states/districts is required to fulfill roles and responsibilities.
- Any other duties assigned by CDC officials/lead public health consultant.
- Graduate degree in MBBS/BDS/PhD
- PG qualification in hospital/ health administration/ public health/ Clinical Microbiology
- Essential Experience
- Computer proficiency with high levels of familiarity in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web surfing to search relevant data and documents
- Desirable Work Experience
- At least 1 year experience post PG qualification
- Demonstrated experience of working in public health state or national level.
- Experience in core public health domains public health system strengthening or health care management.
- Organizing workshops at the national, regional, and state level for health infrastructure.
- Expertise in reviewing, editing, and proofreading scientific manuscripts, research articles/proposals, and other scientific documents.
- Ability to produce high-quality written work, with great attention to detail, within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to states and districts to provide technical assistance, as well as the ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently in order to meet assignment deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English. A working knowledge of Hindi is also desirable.